Delicately flavoured rose water is used a lot in Middle Eastern cuisine. Try this sweet rose-water milk pudding with candyfloss, a traditional Iranian treat!
SERVES 8 // COOKING TIME 20 min, plus 4 hours chill time
2 cups milk or coconut milk
75 ml cornflour
½ tbsp rose water
½ cup cream
¼ cup sugar
½ cup apricot jam
Candyfloss, to serve
1. Bring ½ cup milk, cornflour and rose water to the boil.
2. Place remaining milk, cream and sugar in another pot. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking, until boiling.
3. Slowly add cornflour mixture. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring, until thickened.
4. Pour into glasses and cool to room temperature. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
5. To serve, add 1 tbsp jam to each glass of pudding and top with some candyfloss.
Recipe: Amerae Vercueil
Styling: Chiara Turilli
Photography: Andreas Eiselen // HMimages.co.za
Traditional Turkish delight is another Middle Eastern delicacy perfect for indulging!