Yep, you heard right. Turkish delight ice cream. Don’t worry; you won’t be needing any specialised equipment. All you need is a beautiful summer’s day.
SERVES 6 // COOK TIME ± 45 mins + overnight
250 g cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup milk
¾ cup caster sugar
½ cup buttermilk
½ cup cream
3 tbsp rose water
100 g Turkish delight, roughly chopped
Sugar cones, to serve
Rose petals, to garnish
Icing sugar, to dust
1. Blitz the cream cheese in a food processor until broken up. Add the milk, sugar, buttermilk, cream, rose water and salt, and process until well combined.
2. Pour the mixture on to a baking sheet with high sides and leave in the freezer for 30–40 minutes, until the edges start to freeze.
3. Scrape the ice cream into a bowl and whisk until smooth. Return to the freezer and repeat every half an hour to an hour for three hours.
4. Line a loaf tin with cling film. Fold the Turkish delight into the ice cream and pour into the tin. Place in the freezer and leave to set overnight.
5. Scoop into sugar cones, garnish with rose petals and dust with icing sugar.
Dazzle your guests by turning their all-time favourite desserts into amazingly moreish ice cream flavours. Start with this melktert ice cream recipe!