With only a handful of ingredients and very little prep time, these incredible Top Deck brownies are a sure weekend winner!
SERVES 16 // COOK TIME 40 min
180 g butter
100 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
250 g caster sugar
150 g flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 × 150 g slabs Top Deck, cut into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20 cm square baking tin.
2. Place butter and chocolate in a pot over low heat. Stir for a few minutes until melted. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
3. Cream together the caster sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. Sieve in the flour and cocoa powder. Gently fold this into the cooled butter mixture. Stir in the Top Deck chunks.
4. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 15–20 minutes, until cooked through but still slightly wobbly.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before cutting into squares.
To make these delicious lamingtons, you don’t need an oven or fancy ingredients. In fact, you may already have most of these staples in your pantry.