These protein peanut-butter cups are delicious and nutritious! So if you’re craving something sweet but don’t want to be too unhealthy, these are perfect!
SERVES 12// COOK TIME 30 min
1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips
1 tbsp coconut oil
¼ cup smooth peanut butter
2–3 tbsp vanilla protein powder
1. Fill a muffin tin with paper muffin liners.
2. Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl. Melt in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Add 1 tbsp water if it does not turn smooth and glossy.
3. Scoop 2 tsp melted chocolate into each muffin liner. Freeze for 10–15 minutes, until the chocolate hardens.
4. Combine the peanut butter and protein powder in a bowl to form a soft doughy mixture. Scoop out about 1 tsp at a time and roll into balls.
5. Place a peanut butter ball on top of each hardened chocolate layer, carefully flattening it with a finger. Top with another 3–4 tsp melted chocolate.
6. Freeze peanut-butter cups for a further 10–15 minutes, until completely set.
Recipes & styling Amerae Vercueil
Photography Andreas Eiselen
For another delicious but nutritious treat, try our Gooey espresso and dark-chocolate date bars