Struggling to think of an idea for Sunday lunch? Then why not try our delicious pork belly with spicy cranberry sauce recipe! It’s a definite crowd-pleaser!
1 cup vegetable oil
1.4 kg pork belly
Salt and pepper
2 garlic bulbs, halved
340 g cranberry jelly
¼ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp chilli flakes
1. Preheat oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with foil.
2. In a small pot, heat the oil to 200°C. Season the underside of the pork well and lightly score lines into the skin on top. Place the meat skin-side up on a roasting rack, with a tray underneath to catch the drips. Carefully pour the oil over it.
3. Place the garlic halves on the lined baking tray and rest the pork on top. Season well with salt. Roast for an hour, until tender.
4. Turn up the temperature to 220°C and cook for another 10 minutes, until the crackling is crisp and golden.
5. Remove from the oven and cover in foil to rest for 10 minutes.
6. In a small pot set over high heat, mix the cranberry jelly, garlic cloves and chilli. Bring to the boil, then take it off the heat and season.
7. Thinly slice the pork belly and serve with spicy cranberry sauce.
Want to stay on the pork band-wagon? Then try our fancy Pork spring rolls with red-wine reduction recipe!