Did you know orange fruits and veggies are good for your immune system and vision? We breakdown the health benefits. Adding an array of colours to your diet has numerous health benefits (not to mention it makes your plate pretty, too).
Fruit and veg such as carrots, citrus and stone fruit set their bright orange colour from pigments called carotenoids. The tend to be hush in vitamin c and potassium and help to maintain a healthy immune system and protect vision.
Mango, Orange And Chilli Prawn Cocktail
Serves 4 Total Time 15 Min
2 oranges, segmented
1 mango, peeled and diced
½ onion, chopped
1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
handful fresh coriander, chopped
3 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp horseradish
2 tsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp butter
8 prawns, deveined
1 lime or lemon, juiced
1. In a large bowl, add the orange, mango, onion, chilli and coriander. Toss through to combine.
2. Divide the salad mixture between four serving glasses.
3. Combine the mayonnaise, horseradish and tomato sauce. Season to taste and set aside.
4. Heat the butter in a large pan and fry the prawns for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through. Drizzle with lime or lemon juice.
5. Place two prawns in each serving glass and drizzle with the sauce. Serve immediately.
Words by Chad January
Photography: Fresh Living Magazine