Prepare our spicy chicken wraps in advance, freeze and then enjoy a Mexican meal in minutes whenever you like! Whip up this filling with a kick in less than an hour, freeze in individual portions and then re-heat (in a pan or in the microwave) and roll up in warm tortillas. Add a few dollops of sour cream and your dinner is good to go. Or you can, you know, just eat them right now!
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIMe 45 mins
4 skinless chicken breast fillets, sliced
1 tsp dried origanum
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp cayenne pepper
Juice and zest of 1 lime
3 tbsp olive oil
600g mixed stir-fry vegetables
1 cup grated cheddar
Lettuce, to serve
Sour cream, to serve
1. Place the chicken, origanum, paprika, cayenne pepper, and lime zest and juice in a bowl. Toss to coat the chicken, then leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan over high heat and fry the veggies for 1–2 minutes, until al dente. Remove and spread out on a plate to cool.
3. Place the chicken in the pan and fry for 5–10 minutes, until cooked through. Remove and allow to cool.
4. Place the cooled veggies, chicken and cheese in separate ziplock bags, then place the tortillas between sheets of waxed paper and bag. Label the bags and freeze for up 2 months.
5. To serve, defrost the contents of the bags completely. Reheat the chicken and veggies in a pan. Heat a dry pan and toast the tortillas for a few seconds on each side. Place the chicken, cheese, veggies, lettuce and sour cream in the tortillas and fold.