This Mexican dish is taking a turn to the ocean with these crispy fish tacos, but we aren’t complaining. Enjoy a yummy seafood meal that is healthy and quick!
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME
For the fish
½ cup flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
Salt and black pepper
½ cup sparkling water
Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
300 g white fish fillets, cut into nuggets
1 mielie, kernels only
Handful coriander, chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
4 baby marrows, cut into ribbons
For the fish
1. Combine the flour, spices, salt and pepper. Whisk in sparkling water to create a thick mixture.
2. Heat the oil to medium heat.
3. Dip fish in batter. Fry in batches until golden and cooked through, 5 minutes. Drain on paper towel.
For the veggies
1. To make the salsa, lightly steam the mielie kernels in the microwave. Mix with coriander and lemon juice.
2. Dress the baby marrows with olive oil, salt and pepper.
For the tacos
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Brush the tortillas with a little olive oil. Cook them directly on the oven rack, draping them around the bars to create a taco shape. Toast for 5–7 minutes, until they are crispy and holding their shape.
3. Serve the tacos filled with the fried fish, baby marrow ribbons and corn salsa.