It’s no secret that we adore spice and this month we’re turning up the heat with this finger-licking-good recipe
Chicken burrito rice bowls
Total time 30 minutes
Olive oil, for grilling and dressing
4 chicken breast fillets
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
Salt and milled black pepper
1 can (400g) corn kernels, drained and patted dry
250g snacking peppers, sliced
200g medley tomatoes, halved
1 can (400g) black beans or red kidney beans
1 punnet (20g) fresh coriander, chopped
Juice and zest of 2 limes
3 cups cooked white long-grain rice
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil and rub with spices, salt and pepper.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot.
- Grill chicken until tender, cooked through and well charred for about 8-10 minutes. Remove and slice.
- Wipe pan clean, grill corn until blistered and charred.
- Repeat with sliced peppers.
- Combine corn, peppers, tomatoes, beans and half the coriander in a bowl. Dress with olive oil and juice of 1 lime. Season well.
- Flavour rice with remaining coriander, lime juice and zest. Season well.
- Serve corn mixture, rice and sliced chicken in bowls.