Do you love cooking with this gem as much as we do? Good! There’s nothing wrong with having pizza for dinner on a Monday night, especially when it’s our vegetarian butternut pizza.
MAKES 2 // COOKING TIME 110 min
Salt and pepper
40g coconut flour
40g chickpea flour
2 tbsp flaxseed, ground
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp onion powder
125 ml Napoletana sauce
100g broccoli, blanched
1 onion, peeled and sliced
Parmesan, to sprinkle
Basil and rocket, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Cut the butternut in half and scrape out the seeds. Roast for 45–50 minutes.
3. Scrape the butternut flesh out of the skin and place in a clean dish cloth. Squeeze out the excess liquid.
4. Mix together the butternut and egg, and season.
5. Mix coconut and chickpea flours, flaxseed and cornflour. Add to the butternut mixture.
6. Divide the mixture in half and spread out on the baking trays. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn over and bake for another 10 minutes.
7. Remove pizzas from the oven. Increase the heat to 220°C.
8. Top with the sauce, broccoli, onion and Parmesan, and bake for 5–10 minutes.
9. Garnish with herbs and serve.