It’s time to indulge! When the weather is hot and you have a hankering for something sweet, you can never go wrong with our frozen cheesecakes. And if you don’t feel like heading out for macadamia nut butter, just use peanut butter instead!
MAKES 12 // COOKING TIME 45 min, plus freezing time
3 bananas, peeled and frozen, plus extra, fresh, to decorate
100g macadamias, chopped
80g butter, melted
1 tbsp honey
150 ml cream
400g smooth cottage cheese
½ tsp vanilla essence
240g macadamia nut butter
Raspberries, to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line 2 large muffin trays with paper cases.
2. Remove bananas from the freezer and set aside to soften for 30 minutes, then mash.
3. Mix the oats, macadamias, butter and honey in a bowl. Spread out on a baking tray. Bake for 10–15 minutes, until golden and crunchy.
4. Place ¼ cup of the oat mixture in each paper case, pressing down to compact it. Set aside to cool.
5. In a bowl, whip the cream until it just holds its shape. In another bowl, beat together the cottage cheese and vanilla essence. Fold in the macadamia butter, then the mashed banana and then the cream.
6. Pour about ½ cup of mixture into each paper case.
7. Freeze the cheesecakes for several hours, preferably overnight.
8. To serve, move from the freezer to the fridge and leave for 20 minutes to soften. Decorate with raspberries and fresh banana slices.