This is one of our favourite make-ahead meals. Use your time this weekend to whip up a batch of our sausage carbonara, freeze it in portions and enjoy it for lunch this week, or when you don’t feel like cooking dinner.
SERVES 6 // COOKING TIME 25 min
Salt and black pepper
2 tbsp butter
500g pork sausages, cut into thick pieces
300g tenderstem broccoli, florets and stems
400g tagliatelle, cooked and drained, but not rinsed
Olive oil, to drizzle
6 eggs, lightly whisked
200 ml cream
2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 tbsp chives, chopped
Parmesan shavings, to serve
1. Place a large pot of salted water on to boil.
2. Melt the butter in a pan and fry the sausage pieces until golden brown.
3. Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 5 minutes, until bright green but still a little crunchy. Refresh in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
4. Place the pasta on a serving platter and drizzle lightly with oil. Toss to coat.
5. Combine eggs and cream. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour over the pasta. Add the sausage, broccoli and herbs, toss to coat and serve.