Pink Lady® apples are allowed to linger longer on their trees to absorb more of nature’s goodness and develop their characteristic radiance and sweet refreshing taste. Pink Lady® is the perfect healthy snack; portable, palatable, and pretty! They are rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants, and because of their natural sweetness, they taste great in recipes too! Pink Lady® apples are a premium apple so only the highest quality can become a Pink Lady®. We go to great lengths to ensure we deliver you only the finest apples available.
An explosion of flavour – that’s a Pink Lady® apple. Even when cooked or baked, the sweet flavour remains prominent and the skin rosy. Try this delicious Pork & Pink Lady® apple burger patties to satisfy the whole family’s tastebuds – go on and taste the Wow!
Pink Lady® apples are available at Checkers, Pick n Pay, Spar and Woolworths stores nation-wide.
Pork and Pink Lady® Apple-Burgers
600g pork mince or pork sausage meat
2 Pink Lady® apples, diced
1 Tbsp (15ml) sage, chopped
3 Tbsp (45ml) breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper
Oil for frying
4 hamburger buns
1 cup (250ml) shredded red cabbage
1 cup (250ml) shredded cabbage
⅓ cup (80ml) plain yogurt
⅓ cup (80ml) mayonnaise
2 Tbsp (30ml) parsley
Salt and pepper
1. Combine the mince, apples, sage, egg, breadcrumbs together in a bowl and season.
2. Shape into patties, cover with cling film and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a pan and fry patties until browned and cooked through.
4. Combine slaw ingredients and season to taste.
5. Top buns with patties and a generous helping of coleslaw
Created by Caro Alberts