These phyllo veggie parcels are crunchy, flaky and oh-so tasty. They are also perfect dinner pasty starters especially for vegetarians.
SERVES 6 // COOK TIME ± 90 mis
1 tbsp olive oil
100 g mushrooms, sliced
2 baby marrows, sliced lengthways
1 brinjal, sliced lengthways
3 tbsp tinned chopped tomatoes
6 sheets ready-made phyllo pastry, thawed
20 g butter, melted
60 g ricotta
10 g origanum, finely chopped
10 g parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a muffin tray.
2. Heat oil in a pan over high heat. Fry the vegetables until al dente, about 10 minutes.
3. Place the phyllo sheets on top of each other and cut them into 4 squares. Make a pile of squares, with 4 layers of phyllo, brushing melted butter between the layers. Repeat until you have 6 piles.
4. Divide the veggies between the 6 piles, topping each with some ricotta and herbs. Bring the edges of the pastry together and twist to form a bundle.
5. Place each bundle in a hole of the muffin tray. Bake for 12–15 minutes, until golden.
6. Serve with a green salad.
Entertaining this weekend? And need to whip up a quick snack? Then try our delicious pastry-wrapped camembert with grilled plums recipe!