Pasta is always a winner no matter what time of the year it is. So the next time you’re craving it, why not try our nutty chicken and lemon tagliatelle one?
SERVES 4 // PREP TIME 10 min // COOK TIME 15 min
50 g sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
4 chicken breasts
1 cup chicken stock
500 g tagliatelle
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup full-cream yoghurt
Zest of 1 lemon
⅓ cup lemon juice
2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
⅓ cup flaked almonds, toasted
1. Cover the sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water and set aside to rehydrate.
2. Place the chicken breasts and stock in a pan over medium heat, cover and poach for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Remove the chicken from the stock and shred using two forks, then set aside until needed.
4. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, then drain and set aside.
5. Heat a little oil in a pan over medium heat and fry the garlic for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the shredded chicken and drained sun-dried tomatoes, followed by the yoghurt, lemon zest and juice. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and season to taste.
6. Stir the pasta through the sauce until heated through. Serve with the toasted almonds and extra thyme sprig
To reduce waste and infuse more flavour into the dish, use the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes wherever this recipe calls for regular oil.
Recipes & styling: Marizka du Toit
Photography: Jurie Senekal
Gain a taste of Italy with this tasty Sicilian sardine pasta. And you probably already have a bunch of the ingredients in your fridge and pantry!