With the weather warming up, we can’t help but feel inspired by this sunny stone fruit. If you feel like something fresh after months of winter food, you can’t get much better than our chicken and nectarine tortillas for dinner tonight.
SERVES 4 // COOKING TIME 30 min
1 tbsp olive oil
4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
Salt and pepper
2 nectarines, cubed
1 red onion, peeled and chopped
1 jalapeño, sliced
Handful mint, chopped
1 avocado, peeled
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1. Toast the tortillas in a dry pan over medium heat.
2. Heat a little oil and fry the chicken strips and garlic over high heat for 10 minutes, until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
3. To make the salsa, mix the nectarines, onion, jalapeño and mint. Season.
4. To make the guacamole, mash the avocado with the lemon juice, cumin and coriander. Season.
5. To assemble, fill the tortillas with chicken, then top with salsa and guacamole.