SERVES 8 // HANDS-ON 20 min // HANDS-OFF 30 min
2 butternuts, peeled and diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
20 ml olive oil
2 tsp honey
Salt and pepper
500 ml vegetable stock
2 sprigs rosemary
200 ml cream
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Place butternut and carrots in a roasting tin with 1 clove garlic, sage, 2 tsp oil, honey, 1 tsp salt and pepper. Roast until soft and caramelised, about 30 minutes.
3. Place the veggies in a pot with the stock and rosemary. Boil for 15 minutes over medium heat.
4. Meanwhile, thinly slice the baguette and place on a baking tray. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and remaining garlic and oil. Bake until crispy and golden, then break into pieces.
5. Take the soup off the heat and remove rosemary. Blend until smooth. Add the cream.
6. Serve with garlic croutons.