Have fun decorating your cupcakes with these froggy fondant decorations!
- 12 vanilla cupcakes
FOR THE FONDANT
- 500 g white fondant icing
- Blue food colouring
- Green food colouring
- Cornflour 1/2 cup icing
- Rolling pin
- A round glass (as wide as the cupcake) toothpick
Tip: Ask an older family member or friend to help you with this recipe.
MAKE YOUR OWN CUPCAKES USING CUPCAKE MIX AND LEAVE TO COOL.
- Take half the amount of fondant and colour it with blue food colouring. Squeeze and mix the fondant till it’s fully blue.
- Dust a tabletop with some cornflour and lay the fondant on it. Then dust the fondant with cornflour and roll it with a rolling pin till it’s about 5 mm thick.
- Use your glass to cut circles out of the blue fondant. They should be the same size as the top of the cupcakes.
- Break off 1/3 of the leftover fondant. Make 24 little balls from it and put them one side. This will be the eyes.
- Add some green food colouring to the other piece of leftover fondant. Squeeze and mix it till it’s completely green.
- Break the green fondant in half and make 12 balls the size of a golf ball from one half. This is the frog’s body.
- Use the other half to make smaller balls the size of peas. this will be the arms and legs.
PUT IT TOGETHER
- Spread some icing onto the top of each cupcake. The icing will be our glue.
- Stick a circle of blue fondant onto the icing. Then place the big green balls on the blue fondant.
- Put the smaller green balls around the big ones and stick on the eyes.
- Use your toothpick to draw mouths and to put holes in the frogs’ eyes.
- Show your friends and family your little froggy cupcakes!