This slider is easy to make, requires little prep time and tastes great even at room temperature when you’re scheduled for loadshedding
Pulled chicken slider traybake with Asian slaw and quick pickled apple
Serves 6 • Total Time 30 Min
18 seeded cocktail burger buns
1 cup grated Gouda
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
Handful roasted and salted peanuts (optional), crushed
FOR THE SLAW
1 Tbsp sriracha
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Pinch smoked paprika
Pinch chilli flakes
2 tsp garlic and ginger paste
2 tsp honey
1 Tbsp soy sauce
150g sliced red and white cabbage
2 peeled carrots, julienned
1 spring onion, sliced
Handful fresh coriander
FOR THE PICKLED APPLE
1–2 Granny Smith apples, cut into matchsticks
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp mustard seeds or sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Halve buns and place bottoms onto a baking tray.
- Sprinkle with Gouda, to cover. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Place slaw ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine. Season.
- For the pickled apple, combine apples, apple cider vinegar and mustard seeds or sesame seeds. Season and set aside for 10–15 minutes.
- Top the cheesy buns with shredded chicken, slaw and pickled apple.
- Sprinkle with crushed peanuts, if using, top with remaining bun halves, and serve.